Saturday 24 September 2011

Homepage change problem. Google won't let me change.?

I am starting to curse Google.



I simply want to change my homepage. Yes, I know how to do it in IE... Tools, Internet Options, General, make change, apply, ok.



Each and every dang time, it resets back to Google. I did some research here. One piece of advice is to remove the Google toolbar. Done. Problem persists.



Anyone know what I have to do to free myself from this slavery I've found myself in? I swear, if I can't change it, I will NEVER USE GOOGLE AGAIN. I used to enjoy Google, now I am starting to hate it just because of this.
Homepage change problem. Google won't let me change.?
Deactivate your spyware
Homepage change problem. Google won't let me change.?
.

Google has hihacked you.

Same thing happened to me. It sucks.



You need the %26quot;tool%26quot; that will remove the code wherein they hijacked you.



Get it here:





1. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.h鈥?/a> Download and run the program

BE CAREFUL what you delete,

from it's findings:

it will find the offending program and others that you may NOT want to delete. Only delete the one that hijacked you.

3. Reset your home page

a. Surf to your homepage of choice

b. In Internet Explorer above click TOOLS %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; click button USE CURRENT.



h2h
Hi there! it seems like ur out of luck eh? well to solve your problem follow my directions: first of all, you have antispyware program right? well in that case thats your problem. if your using WEBROOT, open it and go to SHIELDS menu. after clicking that, find IE hijack shield, if you see it, click the button that says %26quot;EDIT IE HIJACK SHIELD SETTINGS%26quot; after doing that, youll find yourself staring at a table where it says IE HOMEPAGE SHIELD. and if im right, the homepage listed in the box is YAHOO?!?! if it is, then type whateverhomepage you want! and voila press ok and exit WEBROOT and its done! webroot is doing that to prevent any changes on the homepage... thats why you cant change the homepage using internet options.... the webroot will reroute the homepage you typed to whatever homepage that is stored in its IE SHIELD HIJACK BLAH BLAH BLAH thing! LOL i know it will work! it happened to me also!!



Note: This is for webroot anti-spyware program but try to check your settings in Norton (I use McAfee) and find similar options that might be the same with IE SHIELD HIJACK thing...
  • receiving error code 0x80072ee7
  • lock file
  •