Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I transition to google Chrome?

I currently use firefox. How do I change to google chrome? Steps listed would be appreciated.
How do I transition to google Chrome?
Just downloading Chrome isn't all that you have to do. You still have to make it your default browser. Here's how:



1. On the top-right, click the customize button.

2. Click on options.

3. On the bottom of the dialog box window, click on the button that says Make Chrome my default browser.



Now whenenver you open an htm file it will open in Chrome and not Firefox. Remember, you can download it from google.com/chrome. However I used to use it and I don't anymore. It's not very compatible with many sites.
How do I transition to google Chrome?
step 1 download google crome

step 2 test it out if it was not what you expected it to be get rid of it

or if you like it look at step 3

step 3 if you like it keep it and put firefox in recyleing bin

step 4 enjoy
Here's what I did, in the order I did it.



1) I downloaded google chrome. There's an ad for it on Google's front page.

2) The first time I started Chrome, it asked me if I wanted to import my bookmarks and passwords from Firefox. That was very nice of them :) If it doesn't automagically ask, you can do it manually by clicking the wrench icon, and selecting Options -%26gt; Personal Stuff -%26gt; Import Data

3) Check out the themes and extensions to get Chrome customized like you did with Firefox. Just go to the wrench menu and pick 'extensions.'

Official google themes are at https://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en/鈥?/a>

%26gt;%26gt; but there are user-made themes in the extensions website.



That's about it, really. Chrome can now log you in to your websites, and do much of what firefox's extensions did for you. Enjoy your Chrome experience.
download it here:

chrome.google.com
  • valuable advice
  • asp hosting
  •