Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change my default search engine on Firefox?

I'm accustomed to typing in my searches in the address bar of Firefox (it would automatically give me the results from the Google website as if I searched from Google) and now it has changed from Google to Bing with the newest update. I was wondering if there was a way to change it back from Bing to Google by default?



Thanks.
How do I change my default search engine on Firefox?
Uninstall Bing from Add or Remove program



Or

simply on the left side of address bar you can select Google or any other search enigines like yahoo etc. Just click on Google and you are good to go
How do I change my default search engine on Firefox?
Click on the icon on the left side of your search bar.

It should give you your search engine options in a drop down menu. Click on the search engine you want.
In the Search box for Firefox there is a drop down box located under the search engine icon. if you click the down arrow it shows a list of all the installed search engines as well as an option to manage the installed searches. Click %26quot;manage search engines...%26quot; will give you a pop up to install, delete, and rank the engines you have installed.. pick which one you want to be the default engine and click %26quot;move up%26quot; till its at the top of the list
Mine might be a little different...but at the top of your Firefox it says File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools and Help click on Tools...go to Add-ons and then go to Extensions, you will find something that will help you..like Disable and Un-install i dont know if this will help you but it helped me :P