Saturday 24 September 2011

Why does a list of sites I have visited appear under my Google search box, and can I delete this history?

A friend changed the Google on my computer, and I want to change it back to the way it was!

What happens is that when I want to do a search through Google, when I click on the empty search box, underneath this box a list of recently visited sites appears.

How can I stop this list appearing? I have tried to do it through Tools %26gt; Internet Options, but the list just stays there. I would like to stop it appearing, because I am ordering Christmas presents, and I don't want other family members seeing which sites I have visited. I know this is a really easy problem for someone who knows about computers - but that's not me!!!!

If someone could help me it will keep my Christmas shopping list a surprise. THANKS!
Why does a list of sites I have visited appear under my Google search box, and can I delete this history?
tools%26gt; internet options%26gt; Content tab%26gt;Auto complete and uncheck the boxes and then click clear passwords button, and clear forms button.



If you want to keep it so that passwords and forms are remebered, then just click the clear form button after each xmas gift search and then it will clear the history, but still allow passwords to be savd and searches in the future. (if you do not uncheck the boxes)



However, I suggest unchecking all boxes anyway for security and privacy reasons
Why does a list of sites I have visited appear under my Google search box, and can I delete this history?
Answer given by Acidedge really does work! Thanks to Marianne who asked this question, as i was also sufferring from the same.

Report Abuse


there should be a %26quot;search options%26quot; or just %26quot;options%26quot; button to click on and you should be able to clear your search history or even keep that toolbar from saving search history.
Download CCleaner.com
Highlight the items that you don't want there and just hit delete.