Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I remove google or change the search box in Safari?

It's funny that Apple portrays itself as non-conformist but it seems that I am stuck to conforming with the other supposedly non-conformist entity-Google. I do not like google and I want it removed from Safari. In fact, I would like to be able to change the default engine in that box like I can with Firefox. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?



Thanks-

Dave
How do I remove google or change the search box in Safari?
Hello David,



I agree with you, there is always place for more!



Do use this Safari plugin:

http://www.inquisitorx.com/safari/

It does everything you've asked for!

G
How do I remove google or change the search box in Safari?
Thanks so much! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!



Dave

Report Abuse


Well, it's not a plug-in, it's built in to the browser. Personally, I think Google is the best search engine available. If you with to have another search engine built in to your browser, you may have to use Firefox. There could be plug-ins for Safari, but I'm not certain.



Don't forget, the CEO of Google serves on Apple's board of directors. Hence the collaboration with Apple.



There are also other browsers available to the Mac. Just search for them on VersionTracker or Apple's Mac OS X Downloads page.
  • medical doctor at home
  • cover up a fungus toenail
  •