Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I stop my home page from being changed automatically from Yahoo to Google

I use My Yahoo as my home page but now whenever I close my browser, IE 6, and open it again the home page is changed to Google. I keep putting my.yahoo back in but it keeps changing to google when IE is closed.
How do I stop my home page from being changed automatically from Yahoo to Google
do you have google toolbar

if you do i would delete it

or you can try going to control panel : programs: and uninstall programs

then search for google toolbar maybe , and if it has a change button at the top click it



re install it but when it asks you if you want google to be your homepage click no
How do I stop my home page from being changed automatically from Yahoo to Google
tools, internet options, home page, then type in yahoo.com, if it doesnt work you probably have a virus
try right clicking the ie icon on your desktop then clicking properties and type it in there if it isnt already. Thats all i can help
Go to your Yahoo page. On your browser menu go to tools/internet options and on the general tab click %26quot;Use current%26quot;. That should fix it.
What the first person mentioned should work.



With one caveat. If you are working at a company that wants to set it for you, they can do so using the %26quot;Group Policy%26quot; which can get pushed down to your PC.
First of all, you can make sure you do not have a Google toolbar (unistall it if you do) and you can add a Yahoo toolbar. (You can search the Internet to find all of this.) Secondly, go to your desktop and right click on the Internet icon. Hit %26quot;properties%26quot; and make sure the home page is Yahoo!



Hope this helps =)