Friday 16 September 2011

How to override MyWebSearch as default and change to Google?

I downloaded a program and got MyWebSearch with it. I hate MyWebSearch, how do I get it back to Google? It's the toolbar with the http:// and I don't know how to change/delete MyWebSearch... I can't delete MWS without getting rid of the other program I got it with. I'm on a Windows XP in Firefox.
How to override MyWebSearch as default and change to Google?
Before I start, I'll let you know I'm on a Windows XP with Firefox too. There's a few things you could try: 1) Right click on the toolbar itself and see if you can just delete the toolbar, 2) Perform a search in your computer (the search you see in the start menu) for the name of whatever it is you installed (a few things should come up) and try to just delete the part that causes the toolbar, or 3) If you can't get rid of the toolbar without loosing the program just try to hide that toolbar (not delete it) and simply add another one.



Hope I helped!
How to override MyWebSearch as default and change to Google?
in the browsers toolbar Edit%26gt;preferences %26gt; and delete the myweb entry in the home page box
First,Type go to google.com Then download google toolbar search that. then click on one of them. download then enjoy google.
if you're asking how to remove the my web search tool bar, you can go to your control panel then go to add and remove programs. look for the my web search tool bar there and delete it



if you're thinking of putting Google back as your default search provider, look for the search bar in your firefox (that's usually on the upper right portion of your firefox) click on the arrow pointing down then click manage search engines, look for my web search and then use the remove option to delete it.



or just look for the add ons option in tools %26gt; options %26gt; main tab of mozilla.

there's an option to manage add ons there. check if you have my web search there, you can disable the add on for my web search...



let me know if this helped