Friday 16 September 2011

How can I change Google's search bar font size and button size?

I somehow changed the font size of google.com's search bar... it is quite annoying... and I can't bring it back to normal. All of the other fonts in the website and any other website are ok, it is just the search bar and the SEARCH button of google.com...



I uploaded a picture so you can see what I mean:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7669/picture1ty.png



I hope someone can help me with this. I am using Safari on a Mac (Leopard)



and I already tried cleaning my cookies and all... didn't work
How can I change Google's search bar font size and button size?
It appears that google is attempting to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) in regards to text size and contrast. The WCAG provides guidance on making websites accessible to the disabled, such as those who are sight-impaired.
How can I change Google's search bar font size and button size?
Seems that it was done on Google's end. they are changing the search bar font to be bigger.
i just noticed this too, really annoying
You can reduce the font size by pressing ctrl and - together but the buttons will be less effected. My guess is you'll get used to it. Google doesn't make changes without testing them on large sample sizes of users first and checking if they like them. Maybe it won't grow on you and you'll stay annoyed by it but if you do you'll be in the minority.



EDIT: I just went back to it after about 10 minutes and I'm already used to it. :)
  • suite my skin tone
  • lock file
  •