Wednesday 26 October 2011

How can I contact Google to change the search results?

The thing is, I acutally posted a question on an academic forum. But it contained some of my personal information(not my name or email, but includes what year I am in, what country I am studying in a certain field). So , I asked the moderator of the forum website, and so he edited my post to not include my personal deails. However, when I typed in some of the words related to the previous post, it is STILL showing on google.com. How can I contact google so that the new post instead of the old one can be viewed on that search engine?

And is this even possible?
How can I contact Google to change the search results?
Check this:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=508%26amp;topic=360



You can also send them an email.

You will be surprised they do such things. In your case it will not be a problem.



Hop I helped.
How can I contact Google to change the search results?
To be honest, it's pretty damn unlikely someone's going to stalk you from that (;



Try looking on their help pages though for contact details if you must, or give it time. Sometimes it takes a while to update ^_^
Google uses a search bot, called 'Googlebot'. It 'crawls' the web, which is how it indexes these search results for viewing when a user enters something into Google. After time, the website of the academic forum will be crawled again by Google, and old results which do not exist anymore will be removed, and will no longer show in Google search results. I don't think there's actually any way of requesting Google to remove a result, it's just a matter of time.
Ask the people who run the site to delete it or you will press charges for displaying personal info against your wishes.



Once it's delete from the site it will be gone off google, the link will probably say 404.



Google will update automaticly sometime soon too, normally once a month. They will not update any faster just for you.
Information goes away from Google Cache after a while. If the forum changed it's content google will see it. You just have to wait