Friday 7 October 2011

How to edit google results before shown on my web page?

I would like to know whether I could restrict or further edit the results given by a search in google or change what is extracted from the results which will be shown. But on my own website.

Or can I.. automatically add the words of my choosing in to the search with the customers words, and is there a way of taking out certain information from this web search, Ie all statements of the same kind.



What tools or programs would I need to do this?
How to edit google results before shown on my web page?
Have you tried the Google CSE (custom search engine)?



From their site :



* Include one or more websites, or specific webpages

* Host the search box and results on your own website

* Customize the look and feel of the results to match your site
How to edit google results before shown on my web page?
say you wanted to search for a song but the wrong artist kept coming up, you put a - next to the name that you dont want and it will remove it from your search. or if you want something added to your search put a +.



and if you want to look for a particular thing that is in a particular paragraph or something, (e.g you wanted to search 'you told me you loved me' and it kept coming up with you said you didnt love me or sumin like that put %26quot; %26quot; around the phrase and it will search that particular phrase.



a lot of explanation there, lol.



hope this helped xx
if i am reading it correctly then i think you r asking for search techniques????



use + - to show and hide the serch results respectively

for example type %26quot;subjects -english%26quot; this will show everything about subjects but would not mention any trace of english



swine influenza site:wikipedia.org

this will search swine flu IN THE WIKIPEDIA WEBSITE



etc