Friday 7 October 2011

Is there a way to change my site's description on MSN's directory? What about getting real help on Yahoo?

I've changed the content on my website drastically over the past four years since I acquired it, but it still has the same description on MSN as before even though the description has been changed on Google and Yahoo. I thought MSN's listings used the same descriptions as Yahoo, like MSN was using Yahoo's content for their searches, but I'm not so sure about that now. And I can't find any links on the MSN home page on how to change site descriptions in their directory.





And speaking of my listing on Yahoo, I've been trying for the past two months to get them to change a typo they made when posting the new description they drastically rewrote from what I e-mailed them, and their customer service people seem to be non-existent. I got one e-mail from a real person more than a month ago, but it wasn't much more than a form-letter reply, and now I can't get any response at all. And I'm not happy that they changed the description I wrote AND made a typo that is still there. Any suggestions?
Is there a way to change my site's description on MSN's directory? What about getting real help on Yahoo?
Have you changed your HTML description on your site? I am not sure about if you are using 'their' editor, but if you have created a site and are able to use an HTML editor, you need to change your description there.

It would look like:

%26lt;meta name=%26quot;keywords%26quot; content=%26quot;widgets, gadgets, ....%26quot;%26gt;

%26lt;meta name=%26quot;description%26quot; content=%26quot;Welcome to...%26quot;%26gt;

Then resubmit your site to Google, etc. and it should change it when there spider gets it again.

It could take a week or more to have it read your new code, but then it should be there.



Addition to answer:

The problem might be that you have it still wrong in the HTML.

You have it:

%26lt;META content=%26quot;Thought-provoking articles on Christian living, links to dozens of online Christian radio stations, free Bible downloads, prayer request message boards, and one man's account of how his life was radically changed by another man, Jesus, %26quot;Da Vinci Code%26quot;, da vinci code, %26quot;DaVinci Code%26quot;, davinci code%26quot; name=%26quot;description%26quot;%26gt;

It should be:

%26lt;META name= %26quot;description%26quot; content=%26quot;Thought-provoking articles on Christian living, links to dozens of online Christian radio stations, free Bible downloads, prayer request message boards, and one man's account of how his life was radically changed by another man, Jesus, %26quot;Da Vinci Code%26quot;, da vinci code, %26quot;DaVinci Code%26quot;, davinci code%26quot;%26gt;



Another thing...are you paying for this inclusion? You may just have to resubmitted to them. Like start over to get it right. Or Call them directly...Yahoo! Inc.

Customer Care - Privacy Policy Issues

701 First Avenue

Sunnyvale, CA 94089

(408) 349-5070



http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html



http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/sl鈥?/a>
Is there a way to change my site's description on MSN's directory? What about getting real help on Yahoo?
u please re-submit the site to yahoo and google again. it will definitely get changed to new description.
  • primer for combination skin
  • lose control of motor
  •