Friday 7 October 2011

How do I change the language of Google permanently?

I live in a European country where English isn't the primary language. When I use Google, it always shows up in that language. Even if I search for something in ENGLISH, I'll get a Wikipedia page in another language as the first result along with a bunch of terrible other results.



I always have to click %26quot;Google in English%26quot; and it's annoying, especially when my internet is slow. I don't even understand some of the things on the front page.
How do I change the language of Google permanently?
It's not possible ?!



Perhaps it has to do with your Operating System (Windows or Whatever) Setting inputs regarding COUNTRY and LANGUAGE. Maybe Google relies on your computer's Country %26amp; Language settings to produce results relevant to those inputs. If you change your Country / Language settings to English - see if Google then gives results in English. But the downside of changing those settings is affecting all other program functions as well - which might not be what you want.



2nd possibility : instead of using %26quot;Google.com.%26lt;Your Country%26gt;%26quot;, try using %26quot;Google.com%26quot; (ie. Google USA). See if Google USA or UK etc returns results in English ?

English-speaking countries : .uk .ca .au .nz